In the thrilling world of freestyle kitesurfing, riders defy gravity and the force of the wind to perform a variety of spectacular tricks. From elegant spins to impressive jumps, each trick requires skill, technique, and courage to execute successfully. In this article, we will explore the ten most popular and exciting tricks of freestyle kitesurfing, providing a detailed description of each one so you can take your skills to the next level and impress on the water.
The Backroll is a backward rotation in which the rider rotates their body and the kite in the opposite direction of the wind. This basic trick is an excellent way to start in the world of freestyle, offering a solid foundation for more advanced maneuvers in the future.
The Kiteloop involves turning the kite in a complete loop while you’re in the air, adding excitement and speed to your flight. This versatile trick can be combined with others to increase difficulty and spectacle.
The Railey is an impressive trick that involves jumping high and stretching your legs forward in an aerodynamic position in the air. It’s an excellent way to add style to your jumps and impress your friends at the beach.
Similar to the Backroll, the Frontroll involves rotating forward in the air while keeping the board horizontally beneath you. It’s an elegant and versatile maneuver that allows you to blend your personal style into each execution.”
**5. Back to Blind:**
The Back to Blind is a variation of the Backroll in which the rider completes a backward rotation in the air and then performs an additional rotation to land facing away from the kite’s direction. It requires precise coordination and control to master successfully.
**6. Front to Blind:**
This trick begins with a Frontroll followed by an additional rotation in the air to land facing away from the kite. It’s a challenging variation that adds an extra level of difficulty to the standard Frontroll.
**7. Blind Judge:**
In the Blind Judge, the rider performs a Backroll followed by a 180-degree rotation towards the opposite side of the kite, landing without looking at it. It’s a technical trick that requires precision and skill to execute correctly.
The S-Bend involves a 360-degree rotation while keeping the board horizontally in the air. It’s an advanced maneuver that adds style and fluidity to your repertoire of tricks.
In this trick, the rider performs a Backroll followed by a Kiteloop, creating a dynamic and exciting sequence that challenges your skills in the air. It’s an excellent way to showcase your expertise and control over the kite.
Similar to the KGB, the Frontmobe begins with a Frontroll followed by a Kiteloop to add an additional rotation to the trick. It’s an impressive move that demonstrates your skill and confidence in the air.
In the world of freestyle kitesurfing, mastering these ten tricks will allow you to stand out on the water and elevate your skills to the next level. From graceful spins to impressive jumps, each maneuver offers a unique opportunity to express your personal style and push your limits on the water. So, strap on your harness, grab your kite, and get ready to soar as you explore the exciting world of freestyle kitesurfing.
General Safety Recommendations:
- Weather Conditions: Before heading out onto the water, check the weather conditions and ensure they are suitable for kitesurfing. Avoid extreme wind conditions or thunderstorms.
- Safety Equipment: Always use appropriate safety equipment, including a helmet, life jacket, and harness. Make sure your equipment is in good condition and properly adjusted before each session.
- Navigational Zone: Choose an appropriate navigation zone and avoid congested or obstacle-filled areas. Maintain a safe distance from other riders, swimmers, and objects in the water.
- Spot Knowledge: Familiarize yourself with the spot where you plan to navigate, including entry and exit points, hazardous areas, and local rules.
- Kite Control: Always maintain control of your kite and be aware of its position at all times. Practice quick-release maneuvers in case of an emergency.
- Respect for Rules: Respect priority and right-of-way rules in the water. Communicate your intentions to other riders and maintain courtesy at all times.
- Personal Conditions: Evaluate your own skills and limits before attempting advanced tricks. Progress gradually and do not exceed your capabilities.
- Buddy System: Do not navigate alone. It’s always better to have a navigation partner who can provide assistance if needed.
- First Aid Knowledge: Familiarize yourself with basic first aid concepts and carry a first aid kit with you in case of an emergency.
- Listen to Experts: Always listen to the advice and recommendations of more experienced riders. Learning from others’ experiences can help you avoid dangerous situations.
By following these general safety recommendations, you’ll be able to enjoy your freestyle kitesurfing session with peace of mind and confidence, knowing that you’re taking the necessary precautions to maintain your safety and that of others.
Apuntate y disfruta junto a nosotros.
Siguenos en @rebels_tarifa
Disfruta el kitesurf en Tarifa con #RebelsTarifa